In this customer focused Engineering position you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for primary customer interface and management of new customer programs. Acts as a liaison between the customer and Dakota Systems operations insuring a smooth transition from customer first article to production released product.
- Advocate for customers inside Dakota and bring the voice of the customer into the company.
- Assure that all customer requirements are clearly defined and properly communicated to the organization.
- Assure that the design package is complete and ready for release to production.
- Facilitate the first time build in production.
- Coordinate communications with the customer, providing status, addressing concerns, assessing changes and coordinating implementation by working with other Dakota departments.
- Generate BOM’s from customer specifications and drawings.
- Generate written work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
- Provide input to Bills of Material and routing as necessary to maintain inventory control, efficiency goals and financial controls.
- Participate in processing customer quotes and estimates.
- Lead Quality and problem solving initiatives as necessary for assigned products by working with internal Dakota department and customers.
- Participate/Lead in customer Quality audits and business reviews.
- Track program against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives, reporting status to Supervisor, Executive Staff and customer on a regular basis.
- Perform technical examination of a highly complex nature in the control of product, design concepts, and specification requirements and provides technical data, advice or reports on specific problems to the manufacturing group
- Investigate and analyze unique or highly technical manufacturing problems or a variety of complex mechanical/electrical production problems and recommends and provides all necessary technical assistance for their solution
- Conduct assessments of existing or proposed manufacturing processes to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times and increase quality.
- Justify and purchase equipment/tooling to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
- Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products
The Successful candidate will possess:
- a BS Degree in an Engineering
- 6+ years of manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in the Semiconductor and Capital Equipment industry
- Six Sigma, ISO 9001, 5’s Program, and Lean Manufacturing processes knowledge/training required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes BCBS health, Sun Life dental, STD, Life and AD&D Insurances, EyeMed Plan and 401k Plan with company match, along with PTO and paid holidays. Please submit your resume with salary requirements.